2 Day Workshop JUNE 4-5, 2022
Cost of this workshop is $225, $250 with an extra night session*
This two day immersive workshop will help you find the heartbeat of any city in order to capture meaningful moments on the street. This is not a technical workshop, but rather a vision workshop – tapping into what it means to see and feel as a photographer of the streets and not just snapping photos as a spectator. The workshop will be limited to a small number of attendees to ensure quality one-on-one time. This workshop is for any level of photographer.
The classroom portion of the workshop will be at The Curtis Hotel and the street walks will be in downtown Denver.
The Curtis Hotel
1405 Curtis Street
Denver, CO 80202
Day 1: We will start out in the classroom where we will discuss what it means to have “street vision”. We will go over specific areas of interest submitted from the registration questionnaire, how to move from fear to passion, and how to utilize all of your senses to be fully tapped into the street environment. After each classroom session, we will put what we learn into practice. From candid shots to street portraits, we will engage techniques to create compelling street photographs.
*Day 1 Extra Night Option: For those who want to explore shooting at night, there is an extra night session. Saturday night we will meet up for a quick primer followed by a group night walk.
Day 2: The morning will start by meeting up for coffee at a local coffee shop to discuss the day’s focus, followed by a photo walk on the streets of Denver. Finally, we will wrap up in the classroom on Sunday afternoon with reflection and a group critique (positive, constructive feedback) session.
Workshop Package includes:
- Instruction in a small group setting by Jeff Tidwell
- One-on-one time with Jeff to work on a specific aspect of street photography
- Multiple photo walks
- Instructor/Group critique session
- The use of a classroom with screen
- Sunday morning coffee
- Access to a private Slack Channel for the group for ongoing support/community
WHAT TO BRING:
- CAMERA/LENS/GEAR: Bring a camera and one lens (50mm full frame equivalent or wider). If you only have a zoom lens, it will be encouraged to set it at a single focal length (50mm or wider) and leave it there for the duration of the workshop. Bring extra batteries and chargers – we will be shooting for most of the day and can recharge during classroom sessions. Also, if you are participating in the extra night session, consider bringing a flash if desired.
- LAPTOP OR TABLET: If you want to edit/process your photos before the presentation/critique, you will need a device and software to do so. The workshop will not cover how to use any particular software, please know that ahead of time.
- COMFORTABLE CLOTHING/SHOES/SUNSCREEN: The workshop will consist of a lot of time out on the streets shooting, so wear appropriate attire for a considerable amount of walking. Since we will be outside for long periods of time, consider bringing sunscreen.
- SOMETHING TO TAKE NOTES WITH: A note pad (paper or app on your phone) is great for jotting down quick notes for our time on the streets or questions that come up while shooting to bring back to the classroom sessions.
TERMS & CONDITIONS:
- All registrations are accepted in the order received. If full, a waitlist will be provided.
- Early registration is strongly suggested since there are limited spaces available.
- Full payment is due upon registration.
- Eligibility: Anyone under 18 must be accompanied by a parent or guardian for the entire journey.
- Included in the Street Photography workshop cost:
- Instruction by Jeff Tidwell
- Use of a conference room with projection
- Keynote presentation and orientation
- Group critique session
- Not included in the photo workshop cost:
- Meals, drinks (except Sunday morning coffee), travel to and from the location of the workshop and accommodations
- Payment, cancellation, and refunds:
- To reserve a spot for the photo workshop full payment is required upon registration approval. An email will be sent for payment once your registration is approved.
- If you are unable or you choose to no longer attend the photo workshop, the following refund schedule will apply:
- 30 or more days prior to the beginning of the workshop: 50% refund unless you find someone to take your spot.
- Less than 30 days prior to the workshop: no refund unless you find someone to take your spot.
- Cancelation notification is accepted by email.
- Leaving a workshop in progress, for any reason, will not result in a refund.
- We reserve the right to cancel a workshop because of an inadequate number of participants making the workshop economically infeasible to operate. In the event that a workshop is canceled prior to departure, you will receive a full refund of the cost of the workshop.
Jeff Tidwell will provide educational enrichment during photo tours. Jeff Tidwell shall not be held responsible for (A) any damage to, or loss of, property or injury to, or death of, persons occasioned directly or indirectly by an act or omission of any other provider, and (B) any loss or damage due to delay, cancellation, or disruption in any manner caused by the laws, regulations, acts or failures to act, demands, orders, or interpositions of any government, or by acts of nature, strikes, fire, flood, war, terrorism, sickness, theft, or any other cause(s) beyond their control. The participant waives any claim against Jeff Tidwell for any such loss, damage, injury, or death. Jeff Tidwell reserves the right in their sole discretion to accept, decline to accept or remove any participant in any photo workshop. Jeff Tidwell reserves the right, without penalty, to make changes in the itinerary whenever, in their judgment, conditions warrants, or if they deem it necessary for the comfort, convenience, or safety of participants. You have assumed the responsibility to select an activity appropriate to your physical abilities and interests. You are personally responsible for being in sufficiently good health to undertake the activity. Upon registration, the applicant is agreeing to these terms.